Monday 1 June 2009

Lemon Curd Muffins~Sweet and Simple Bake!


This month over at Sweet and Simple Bakes I presented this delicious recipe for Lemon Curd Muffins. These were very easy and quick to make up and I love the tartness of the lemon curd topping with the flavour creeping in once more as you hit the middle of the sponge. A delectable muffin that all you lemon lovers out there would love! I'm looking forward to seeing another great round-up and reading everyone's entries. Please pop over to Sweet and Simple Bakes to view more muffin entries!




Lemon Curd Muffins

Makes 12 Muffins

Ingredients
200g/7oz self-raising flour
100g/3 ½ oz golden caster sugar
1 large egg
75ml/3fl oz sunflower oil
150ml/5fl oz milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
60ml/12 tsp lemon curd

For the sugar coating:
60ml/4 tbsp lemon curd
50g/2oz golden caster sugar

Heat the oven to 190oC/375oF/gas 5. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.

Sieve the flour into a bowl and stir in the sugar. In a large jug mix together the egg, sunflower oil, milk and vanilla extract using a fork. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently together until just combined. Put a teaspoon of mixture in the base of each paper case. Top with 1 tsp lemon curd. Top with the rest of the muffin mixture.

Bake for 10-15 minutes until risen and firm.

For the sugar coating, microwave the lemon curd on high for 1 minute until melted. Put the sugar into a shallow bowl. Brush on top of each muffin and dip the tops of each one in sugar to coat the tops.

20 comments:

natalia said...

Maria ! They were absolutely delicious ! Thank you !!

Maria said...

Wow, those look amazing!I love the lemon curd surprise!

Reeni said...

They looks so pretty with the sparkly sugar on top! I bet the lemon curd gave them a nice moist flavor.

Yvonne Randall said...

They look wonderful. I love all things with lemons so you're on to a winner.

Heatherfeather said...

I enjoyed participating and the muffins turned out very nice. I have the exact same cupcakes tray :)

Clare said...

Thanks for this recipe Maria.....even my mother in law loves them !!!!! lol

♥Rosie♥ said...

Beautiful bake Maria, your muffins look wonderful. Thanks for a great recipe and I'll be baking these again :0)

Rosie x

Finla said...

They look beautiful, cute and delicous.

Snooky doodle said...

these look so good. I love lemon curd :)

Edith said...

I love the combination and yours is really nice and rounded.

MaryBeth said...

Very tangy and delish!!! I would love to give these a try.

Coby said...

The second baked good I have seen today with a sprinkling of sugar. I just LOVE it:D How special to have a hidden treat within, certainly sets these apart from an everyday cupcake (if there is such a thing;)).

Heather said...

These look so delicious - I can just taste the lemon curd now.

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Those look so very, very good and I do like lemon curd. It is inspired, that's what it is!

Kelly-Jane said...

Looks really lovely :)

Caroline said...

Your muffins look fab Maria. I have a quick question - did you use muffin size cases, or cupcake size ones. I'm just wondering as mine haven't risen even to the top of the case, let alone above!!!

I expect you're just a better baker! Ah well, I'll just have to keep trying (and eating my attempts!).

arista said...

They look lovely, and the tablecloth is really sweet too!

Clare Conway said...

Gosh these look delicious! Inspired me to put a teaspoon of apricot jam in my muffins this morning. Will be baking these shortly! Thank you!

Lucie said...

Thanks for yet another lovely recipe, your site is just lovely and inspired me to get my apron on, get baking and start my own blog!

Thanks again,

Lucie
My blog is
http://cookingatmarystow.blogspot.com/

Deborah said...

I LOVE anything lemon - these would be a favorite for me!