Monday 8 March 2010

Peanut Butter Dips

I love it when the postman knocks, normally means an amazon package or some other goodie has arrived! This morning I was the lucky recipient of my latest amazon binge, Eat Me! The Stupendous, Self-Raising World of Cupcakes & Bakes according to Cookie Girl. I knew I would love this kitsch girly book, the recipes are irresistible and I want to bake them all. I couldn’t wait to get started and loved the sound of these Peanut Butter Dips so decided to bake them straight away. These cookies are seriously moreish with the slight saltiness of the crumbly peanut butter and the combination of sweet chocolate but would be just as amazing without the chocolate. The success of this first one has me excited to bake more recipes from the book.


Cookies before being dipped in chocolate!

Peanut Butter Dips

Makes 20

Ingredients
110g unsalted butter, room temperature
225g Demerara sugar
1 medium egg
4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
110g plain chocolate, for dipping

Preheat the oven to 180oC/fan 160oC/gas 4. You will need a large baking sheet.

Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg, stir in the peanut butter and then the flour and baking powder.

Roll the mixture into balls the size of large walnuts and place them 5cm/2in apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. The cookies will look like they are not cooked, but don’t worry – they will carry on cooking as they cool.

While the cookies are in the oven, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave for 90 seconds. Using a palette knife, spread one side of the cookies with chocolate and place them on a wire rack to set.


9 comments:

Petit Filoux said...

If only I tried all your lovely looking recipes, I really would have problems finding clothes that fit in the morning! Not but honestly, those cookies look yummy!

Reeni said...

This is one of my favorite combinations Maria. They look irresistibly delicious! The book sounds great too.

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Ooohh perhaps will ask for this book for Mothers Day

Sweet Treats by Dani said...

OMG i would love to have one of those dips right now!

Lucie said...

How good do these look? Wonderful Maria - fab combination.

Chele said...

Going to have to try this one for sure - and I'm not even a big fan of peanut butter lol. Will have to buy this book too (but don't tell Hubby!)

arista said...

These look delicious! Chocolate and peanut butter - lovely.

Pity said...

what a perfect combo, well done! besitos

S said...

Peanut butter was 3 for 2 in Asda so I bought 3 jars! I'll be making these this week :-)