Thursday 2 June 2011

Lemon Biscuits

I was planning on making some Lemon Curd this past weekend which I unfortunately didn't get round to. I'm hoping to make this in the coming days so watch this space. The good thing is the lemon curd driven purchase provided me with an abundance of lemons. So yesterday while hubby was in Frankfurt for the day on business I baked these Lemon Biscuits to pass the time. This recipe with its all in one method made it quick to assemble and the dough was a delight to work with, which is always more enjoyable. These zesty and buttery biscuits are simply irresistible and very moreish, you can't stop at one! A must bake for any lemon lover.


Lemon Biscuits

Makes 30-35

Ingredients
325g plain flour
200g butter, chilled and chopped
125g golden caster sugar
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 egg yolks
200g icing sugar

Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Whizz the flour and butter to breadcrumbs in a food processor, add the sugar, lemon zest and egg yolks and process to a dough. Roll out the dough to 5mm thick and cut out biscuits. Put on a buttered baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes. Cool.

Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and mix with enough lemon juice to make a runny icing. Drizzle the lemon icing over the biscuits.

18 comments:

sonia said...

Those look perfect!

Brownieville Girl said...

I just love lemon flavoured sweet thing.

A great recipe to use up the yolks when I make pavlova :-}

Kate@whatkatebaked said...

These look really lovely Maria- I'm impressed with your beautiful icing on top- when I try that with the icing I just end with blobs of icing one end!

cocoa and coconut said...

These look so dainty and yummy! I love lemon anything (lemon curd included, yes) but those biscuits fit the bill too

Gloria Baker said...

What nice and delicious lemon boscuits, I love boscuits MarĂ­a, xxgloria

Anonymous said...

These look pretty and delightful! :)

xx,
Tammy

Tina Robson said...

Hmmm will give them ago x

Anna said...

I love lemon, it's one of my favourites. These sound like they'd be perfect with a cup of tea - I say it a lot, but I don't often come across something that WOULDN'T be good with tea, haha.

Unknown said...

Hi Maria - I adore Lemon Biscuits. Violet and I will give these beauties a go over the weekend. Can't see them lasting very long :0)

xx

Finla said...

Cookies look yumm, and i just made today a lemon tart ;-0

Anne said...

Ooh these look perfect - I've been looking for a new biccie recipe as got some new cutters recently, will be trying soon! Love anything lemony!

Choclette said...

Now who wouldn't be a fan of your lovely lemon biscuits. I do like the tang of citrus in biscuits. I like the way you've decorated them too - they look really pretty.

MaryBeth said...

They look wonderful and the lemon flavor must be awesome.

Unknown said...

A yummy lemony delight that I would love with a cup of hot tea!! Perfect way to relax!! Cheers

xgjnbatnujbgc said...

Yummy - I love lemon. They look so pretty! x

Kim said...

Mmm yummy, and I love your drizzling skills! Mine always end up smeared and blobby!

Anonymous said...

Great recipe thank you! I did add the zest of 2 lemons into the dough as some of my biscuits were to be plain. Also, when they're taken out of the oven they still feel quite soft and uncooked, but they crisp up while cooling creating a delicious short biscuit!

Anonymous said...

just made these and they worked perfectly! I added the zest of two lemons, not one. Really simple and delicious.