Wednesday 23 November 2011

Cranberry and Chocolate Chip Muffins

The Christmas build-up has begun and it's my favourite time of the year. I just love everything about Christmas and the first glimmer begins in October with the baking of my Christmas cake, pudding and mincemeat. From here in all my bakes will be Christmas themed, and I have a list of those goodies in mind and can't wait. I decided to start off with these Cranberry and Chocolate Chip Muffins, and for me cranberries scream Christmas! These fluffy and tender muffins studded with chocolate chips and tart cranberries are a match made in heaven! They taste fabulous and will definitely feature again during the month of Christmas.



Cranberry and Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients
300g self raising flour, sifted
170g caster sugar (white or golden)
170g butter, melted and cooled a little
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
200ml milk
100g chocolate chips, dark or milk
100g dried cranberries

Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Place 12 paper liners in a muffin tin.

Sift flour and mix dry ingredients (flour and sugar) in a bowl.

Beat eggs and milk and vanilla in a jug.

Pour the eggs and milk into the dry ingredients, mix a little and then add the butter and mix briefly.

Add the cranberries and chocolate chips and mix again.

Divide between the cases.

Bake for around 25-30 minutes until golden brown and a cake tester inserted comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack.

Pop over to The Goddess's Kitchen Facebook Page and join :)

11 comments:

Kate - Turquoise Lemons said...

They look really good.

Brownieville Girl said...

Cranberries are one of the very few dried fruits that I like, and these muffins look delicious.

Looking forward to all the Christmas baking.

The Caked Crusader said...

Cranberries in cake are a very good thing indeed. I saw fresh cranberries in the supermarket last week and thought "hurrah - one of the first signs of christmas!"

Finla said...

It is bursting with the filling and that is the way i like it.

Gloria Baker said...

MarĂ­a I love your muffins are amazing:)

cocoa and coconut said...

Cranberry and chocolate compliment each other very very well! These look fabulous! Love the filling.

Anna's kitchen table said...

Lovely and Christmassy Maria! X

Kate@whatkatebaked said...

These look so tasty and festive Maria! Looking forward to reading all your Christmassy posts!

Helen said...

These look lovely - chocolate and cranberries go so well together.

Kim said...

Mmmm yummy! I don't like 'traditional' Christmassy things like mince pies, Christmas cake or Christmas pudding so these are definitely ones for me! I've just tagged you for Food Bloggers Unplugged, if you want to take part! (http://cakesfromkim.blogspot.com/2011/11/food-bloggers-unplugged.html) :)

Anne said...

I love dried cranberries, the muffins look really delicious and I will be definitely trying these out!