Tuesday 17 January 2012

Chunky Sausage and Tomato Pasta

I've damaged the arch in my foot (again) after a session of Zumba yesterday. This is a result of not exercising in ages and I'm now unable to exercise, so frustrating! I can hardly walk and it's very painful when I do. Due to my injury I needed a meal that was quick to rustle up, so I opted for a favourite pasta recipe that I've not cooked in ages. It ticked all the boxes, quick, easy, comforting and really yummy!


Chunky Sausage and Tomato Pasta

Serves 4

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
4 thick pork sausages, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 garlic cloves, crushed
200ml/7fl oz medium white wine
1 tbsp tomato purée
400g can chopped tomatoes
500g pack rigatoni or penne
Handful of basil leaves, torn, (optional)
Parmesan, to serve

Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based pan (preferably not non-stick) and add the sausages. Fry for about 8 mins until golden and cooked through. Tip in the garlic and fry for 1 min. Pour in the white wine and boil until it has reduced by half.

Stir in the tomato purée and tomatoes, and season to taste. Simmer for 15 mins until the sauce is rich and thick.

While the sauce cooks, boil the pasta according to pack instructions and drain. Stir in the basil if using, and cooked pasta into the sauce, then serve in bowls with grated or shaved parmesan.

9 comments:

Lucie said...

Aw bless. Poor you Maria! This looks delish - rest that foot on the sofa and watch masterchef :) xx

Anna's kitchen table said...

Oh dear Maria! Hope you recover soon.
I love the look of your pasta mmmmmmmmm!

Hayley said...

Looks soooo good! Hope your foot gets better soon :( xx

Hello said...

Looks lovely, perfect for the cold weather x

Gloria Baker said...

Sorry you are sick dear Maria (a lot of Zuma( lol) try to rest and somebody help you dear.
This look delicious!!!

Heather said...

Looks really good! I would like to try it with turkey sausage. Get better soon.

My Taste Heaven said...

that looks good, i hope your foot get well soon

The Caked Crusader said...

HOpe you recover soon - I always suspected exercise was dangerous!

This looks like perfect comfort food

Gloria Baker said...

how you feel María? hope you are better:))