Thursday 19 June 2008

Introducing my beautiful baby niece Maya! ~ Apple and Blueberry Cake

I would like to apologize for not having blogged much recently, it's been a busy time for my family and I recently. My beautiful baby niece Maya arrived into the world on Sunday 8th June at 7.34am!! She is absolutely precious and looks just like my sister.


I feel like I haven’t baked anything in weeks but I did bake my favourite Chocolate-Lime cheesecake by Nigella Lawson on Sunday for Father’s day but naughty me didn’t take pics! My parents are over from Spain and have been staying with my sister and helping out with the baby but this weekend they are coming to stay with us, as it’s my son’s 16th birthday (still can’t believe my son is going to be 16). So I decided to bake this Apple and Blueberry Cake, a simple but yummy cake to have for when they arrive, plus my dad adores apple cakes so I can’t let down mi papa! ! I am sure this cake will go down a treat.


20 comments:

Finla said...

Congragulations.
Give a big kiss to yourniece from me, she is so adorable.
Love the cake too

Rhyleysgranny said...

Congratulations Auntie maria. How wonderful to welcome a new life into the world. Bless her she is beautiful
xxx

Nickki said...

Congratulations!!! She is absolutely beautiful. So lovely to see you blogging again :) xx

Beth (jamandcream) said...

She's got so much hair - just like my daughter did (did your sister get indigestion - I did and apparently its a sign of a baby with lots of hair - don't ask me why though!?)! So cute , congratulations!

Maria♥ said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful kind comments!

Beth my sister did have bad indigestion and her mid-wife also said that was a sign of a baby with lots of hair!! So it must be true ;o)

Maria
x

Rhyleysgranny said...

Isn't that strange? So did I with my son and nobody has ever seen his scalp. Hair like a rug.:D

Oh my! Apple pie! said...

Congratulations!
Isn't she gorgeous!

Loving the new picture of you too. Very glam.

Rosie said...

Awe isn't Maya such a beautiful baby!! Huge congragulations Maria to all the family and please pass my very best wishes on to everyone :)

Rosie x

Maggie said...

The baby is adorable! I just love new born babies. She will soon be going for her first hair cut!
Now onto that wonderful cake, I love the blueberry and apple combo, and am sure it was a huge hit.

giz said...

What an absolute little cutie and looks so content just to be.

Emily said...

Congrats to your sister! Baby Maya is beautiful. I understand about being busy. Enjoy your time with your new niece.

The cake looks good too. I love blueberries.

Nic said...

Gorgeous baby, how exciting! Congrats to your sister.

Ruth Strong said...

What a beautiful baby! She's got a great head of hair! The whole family must be delighted!

The apple blueberry cake looks great, I'm sure everyone has it devoured now!

Ms O said...

Maya is very beautiful! I love all that dark hair. How fun to have a new baby about. Congratulations!

Lea x

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Delicious looking cake and beautiful baby! Congrats!

Abitofafoodie said...

Oh your niece is just gorgeous! How beautiful. (the baby and the cake!!)

hungryandfrozen said...

What an absolutely gorgeous child, congratulations! (and how good is that cheesecake!?)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Aunti Maria!
Your wee niece is beautiful.

George xx

Kelly-Jane said...

Congratulations!

Lovely cake too :)

Maria♥ said...

Many thanks everyone!

Maria
x