Thursday 6 November 2008

Farewell Pistachio

Do not stand at my grave and weep I am not there I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain, I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush, I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight, I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom, I am in a quiet room.
I am the birds that sing I am in each gentle thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there. I did not die.
Yesterday was a very sad day, we lost our darling Pistachio. I knew her originally from Nigella.com but more recently she helped run The Pantry, a foodie forum. She was a wonderful, kind person and I feel lucky to have known her. Please take the time to visit Pi's lovely blog, Pistachio en la cocina, it is a testimony to her love of wonderful food. Pi you are at peace now but you will be sorely missed! Sleep well.
Love
Maria
x

16 comments:

Rhyleysgranny said...

A sad day. A lovely tribute. We won't forget you Pi. Just keep those angels in order.
xxx

Anonymous said...

A very sad day indeed. A lovely tribute Maria. Pi you will not be forgotten.
xx

Nickki said...

What a beautiful tribute Maria. You will always be fondly remembered by many Pi, rest in peace with the angels xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely tribute - Pi will certainly not be forgotten on the Pantry.

Oh my! Apple pie! said...

Lovely post Maria, Pistachio will be sorely missed.

Maria said...

A sad day!! Great post! We won't forget about Pi.

Rosie said...

A very sad time indeed. A lovely tribute - Pi will be sadly missed.

R.I.P. Pi.

Rosie xoxox

Reeni said...

A beautiful tribute, Maria.

Finla said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Anonymous said...

A lovely tribute Maria. Today has been a very sad day indeed. She will never be forgotten. A truly kind and wonderful soul.

Gaylex

Anonymous said...

I know Pistachio would be truly touched by your beautiful tribute. She and her family are in our prayers.
Patty
xoxo

Ms O said...

Maria, that is a beautiful tribute to Pi.

Lea xxx

Kelly-Jane said...

Lovely tribute, and cake above :)

Nic said...

Another sad day in the bloggiing world, your words are lovely.

Aga Queen said...

You are obviously great kind and caring people here. A prayer will be said for your dear friend Pi on her journey and for you all tonight beside my bed in Ottawa.
hugs
Wendy

lilmizlynn said...

A lovely tribute, Maria. May Pi rest in peace...