Saturday 7 March 2009

Baked Cheesy Pasta

After a long day of shopping, getting my hair cut and daily house chores I wanted something quick and easy to fix for tonight’s dinner. I had the perfect recipe in mind and one I’ve been dying to try for ages. This Baked Cheesy Pasta is delectable and comforting and nothing fits the bill like creamy, cheesy, baked pasta after a long day!

Baked Cheesy Pasta

Serves 4-6

Ingredients
375g/13oz dried pasta, such as conchiglie shells, fusilli or macaroni
300ml/ ½ pint single cream
125ml/4fl oz vegetable or chicken stock
1 tsp Dijon mustard
150g/5oz Gruyere cheese, grated
150g/oz Cheddar cheese, grated
50g/2oz Parmesan cheese, grated
Freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 180oC/160oC fan/350oF/Gas mark 4. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain. Meanwhile, place the cream and stock in another saucepan and bring to the boil. Take off the heat and add the mustard, the Gruyere and Cheddar cheeses and half of the Parmesan. Stir to melt all the cheese. Season with some pepper (it may not need any salt). Pour into the drained pasta and stir to mix.

Pour into a 25cm/10in square or similar rectangle ovenproof gratin dish and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. When you are ready to eat, place the dish in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until brown on top and bubbling around the sides.


Recipe from Rachel's Food for Living

14 comments:

Rhyleysgranny said...

Oh I love mac cheese. This looks soooooo good. I am loving your dotty pink blog. So fresh and pretty :)

Reeni said...

How delicious, Maria! The combination of cheese is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

This looks really good, Maria!
Wish I could have some right now. We had a really cold day here today, and I'm sure your Baked Cheesy Pasta would warm me up. :)

Anna's kitchen table said...

That looks so good Maria, it really does!

Beth (jamandcream) said...

My kind of comfort food - delish

Nickki said...

Oh YUM! I love cheesy pasta, it's my ultimate comfort food!

Ivy said...

Where's the picture with your hair cut? Pasta dishes always come up handy when you need to cook something easy and delicious.

Anne said...

That looks lovely and warming, love cheesy pasta!

Finla said...

Wow the pasta looks so cheesey demlicious.

♥Rosie♥ said...

Delicious Maria and such pure comfort food - YUM!

Rosie x

Maria said...

I love baked pastas! This one looks really good!

The Girl said...

This looks so nice and comforting. I have noted it down and filed it away, ready for me to attempt to become a domestic goddess for my boyfriend when we move in together next week!

Christine Medifast said...

A baked pasta with cheese. A true delight in my home. I have two of the fussiest kids, but when you put something covered in cheese on the table they are guaranteed going to want seconds and thirds.

Thanks for sharing this recipe. Looks like I may be able to make it without screwing it up.

Christine M.

My mum is the best said...

Hi ...
I lovee cheesy pasta and when my mum found this recipe i went into the kitchen and made it .....Its now cooking in the oven and smells delightful.... i cannot wait to eat it!!!