Friday 15 May 2009

Triple Chocolate Muffins

Triple Chocolate Muffins=Chocolate heaven! Why have just regular chocolate-chip or even double chocolate chip muffins, when you could be having Triple Chocolate Chip muffins? That’s right, THREE times as much chocolaty goodness! These decadent muffins are seriously good, quick and easy to make and taste fantastic. If your a chocoholic these muffins are sure to satisfy and hit the spot.

Triple Chocolate Muffins

Makes 15 large or 30 small muffins

Ingredients
450g self-raising flour
225g caster sugar
1 level teaspoon baking powder
225ml milk
225g unsalted butter
2 medium-sized eggs, beaten
75g each of white, milk and dark chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 180oC/gas mark 4 and have 15 muffins cases ready in the muffin tins.

Mix the flour, caster sugar and baking powder together in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Heat the milk and butter together until the butter melts. Allow to cool, then add the dry mixture with the eggs. Add the chocolate chips and stir through.

Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes (6-8 minutes if you are doing mini ones).


This muffin recipe comes courtesy from my latest new book, Avoca Tea Time!

11 comments:

Finla said...

Three times chocolate that is indeed my kind of muffin.
ish i had them at themoment as i am having my cup of coffee.

♥Rosie♥ said...

OMG Maria what are you doing to me!! Gads you know what a chocoholic I am and they sure are a huge hit with me!! Lovely bake sweetie :0)

Rosie x

Anonymous said...

So - you just had to make these when hubby was away for a couple of days to show me a part of what I am missing. Babes these look as wonderful as all your bakes...cant wait to get home to taste them ;)

Adrian
PS love you.

Reeni said...

These look delicious!! All those chips must taste wonderful!! Such a sweet treat!

Rhyleysgranny said...

Oh I love the look of these. I can nearly taste them. Haven't you got a wonderful Hubby ;)

Caroline said...

They look really lovely Maria.

The Girl said...

Oh. my. goodness.

Going to have to finish off my latest baking effort so I can have an excuse to make these!

JillyB said...

One can never have too much chocolate or too many muffins! These look delish....and your hubby sounds delish too!

Maggie said...

Ah that's nice of your husband to visit your blog whilst he was away!

The cakes look lovely.

I have heard about the Avoca books - are they worth investing in Maria?

Mermaid Sews said...

I love the idea of three chips, so clever, sounds great.

Maria♥ said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments ;o)

Jilly, my hubby is definitely delish..hahaha ;o)

Margaret, I only have the Avoca Tea Time book and it's not a big book but has some nice basic recipes.

Maria
x