Saturday 9 April 2011

Traditional Choc Chip Cookies

I can't believe what wonderful weather we have been having in the UK this week and I hope it lasts but somehow I doubt it (probably rain for the next month now)! To make the most of the sun we decided it was time to tackle the garden, which had not been touched all winter. After a number of back breaking hours and 3 trips to the local tip to dispose of the mountain of garden waste produced I decided to spend my afternoon baking these cookies. My son and his family are coming over tomorrow for the day and I enjoy spoiling him when he comes and these super yummy traditional choc chip cookies will do just that! Although I am having to guard the cookie tin until tomorrow from hubby's greedy little mits!



Traditional Choc Chip Cookies

Makes 14 (I ended up with 20)
Baking time: 12-15 minutes

Ingredients
150g plain chocolate chips
150g white chocolate chips
140g butter
150g caster sugar
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla extract
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat the oven to 180oC/fan oven 160oC/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease two baking sheets or line them with baking paper.

Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract. Sift in the flour and baking powder together and beat into the mixture. Add the chocolate chips and stir until well combined.

Drop 5-6 rounded tablespoons of the dough on to each baking sheet, spacing well apart, as the cookies will almost double in size.

Bake until golden, 12-15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to five days.

Recipe from: Cookies Galore by Jacqueline Bellefontaine

11 comments:

Cooking Gallery said...

I can never resist choc chip cookies, they're just too good...!!

Anna's kitchen table said...

Maria, they look delicious! But you're going to have to hide that biscuit tin, or make another batch in the morning!!

Have a lovely day with your son and his family!!

Xx

Snooky doodle said...

these look yummy and the double dose of chocolate makes them more tempting

Angela said...

Beautiful cookies. Good for you for working so hard in the garden. Mind looks quite scary at the moment, but I am attempt to transform it little by little.

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I can understand why these need guarding. Have a lovely time with your family x

Gloria Baker said...

I love these chip cookies Maria., huggs gloria

Chele said...

I'm impressed you had the energy to get into the kitchen after all that garden work. These look very tasty.

The Wandering Pit said...

Those choc chip cookies look sooooo good! Save me one (or two!)

Unknown said...

Your cookies look perfect, when I can't decide what to bake I always make chocolate chip cookies, they're so comforting. x

Maria♥ said...

Thanks for the lovely comments. These cookies were a hit and flew out the cookie tin :)

Maria
x

Anonymous said...

Just found your site tonight! Yummy! Im sitting here laughing and shaking my head at the genious recipes i'vefound here. Thank you, it will be a favorite site of mine. i have three little kids, and we will be trying some of these wonderful treats. ( i am droooooooling!)