Tuesday 6 May 2008

Banana Chocolate Flapjacks

Finally looks like summer has arrived and gone are the wet miserable days. I spent a lot of time in my garden this bank holiday weekend, enjoying the warm sunny weather whilst hubby done gardening. So it seems like ages since I last did any baking. This morning I decided to bake another favourite flapjack recipe, Banana Flapjacks with dark choc chips. These flapjacks are not as chewy but moister due to the banana, giving these a different but lovely texture. If you have any bananas going ripe in the fruit bowl, these are the perfect excuse to do some easy, simple and quick baking!

Banana Flapjacks

125g unsalted butter

85g light muscovado sugar

2 tablespoons golden syrup

350g porridge oats

½ teaspoon baking powder

2 medium-sized ripe bananas, mashed

100g dark choc chips (optional)

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and lightly butter a 23 x 33cm/9 x 13 in swiss roll tin (I used a 23cm/9inch square cake tin and lined it with baking paper).Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a bowl in the microwave (or in a pan over a very low heat), then tip in the oats, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Once combined, stir into the bananas and combine well (add choc chips and combine), then tip into the prepared tin, smoothing the surface with the back of a metal spoon.Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are turning golden brown and it feels fairly firm all over.Remove and cut into bars while hot, then leave in the tin until cold before transferring to a wire rack.

13 comments:

Pixie said...

Hi Maria,

You know you're going to turn me into a Flapjack Addict! I have made the other flapjacks as well- I have a code by the way you can use for simple bakes- to direct everyone simply by clicking on it- shall send it your way!

pix

Rosie said...

Ooooh flapjacks Maria and with choccy and banana simple divine bake sweetie :)

Rosie x

Vicky said...

I love chocolate and banana together, these are going to be on my 'to try' list after the cranberry and white chocolate ones!
Vicky.

Anna's kitchen table said...

Maria, these look really good!

Maria♥ said...

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Vicky you must definitely try these, Amelie would love them cos they are moist and not as chewy ;o)

Maria
x

Nickki said...

Wow they look good Maria

I love the banana/chocolate combination as well!

Maggie said...

I haven't tried flapjacks before made with these ingredients. Thanks for sharing.

Maria♥ said...

Hi Nikki and Margaret

You must give these a go, they are moist and delish!

Maria
x

Ruth Strong said...

I'll have to buy some extra bananas this week!!!

Kelly-Jane said...

Chocolate and banana flapjacks sound and look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Maria, i have attempted your flapjacks(obviously not as good as lloking as yours!) and they are absolutelt amazing!

Thanks for the recipe xx

Olivia said...

Mmmmm...these flapjacks look yummy!
i love choc. and banans together!
Im trying the recipe...i will post another comment when ive tried them...


Thnx 4 the recipe..

Liv xxcativil

Anonymous said...

I've been stopping at a lovely little house in Ednesor on the Chatsworth estate and buying choc and banana flapjack whilst I'm out on a 20 mile walk.
This recipe is delicious and will be taking with me on my walks in future
Thankyou x