Wednesday 7 May 2008

Blueberry-Buttermilk Bundt Cake

Why is it when you need a recipe including a given ingredient, in my case today with buttermilk you can never find one? I had a pot of buttermilk sitting in the fridge that needed using by the end of today and hating to see food go to waste I set about hunting down a recipe. My friend Google helped me in my search and it came up with this wonderful recipe from Epicurious. Whilst reading the list of ingredients and the reviews I knew this was the one. The cake was easy and quick to make and not much preparation involved, which was ideal for me as this cake was a last minute decision after having a busy day with dinner yet to be made. I did however have a little baking disaster, (sure won’t be the last) and I should have gone with instincts but my excitement took over. I took the cake out of the pan as instructed in the recipe but only to find this was the wrong decision. A combination of still too warm and a ring of blueberries close to the surface making the sponge break away on removal of the tin!! The cake itself is a gorgeous light fluffy moist cake with a lot of flavour and I will definitely be making this cake again. But will not make the same mistake next time. If you would like to re-create this delicious cake, the link for the recipe is below.



Blueberry-Buttermilk Bundt Cake

15 comments:

Rosie said...

Hi sweetie, this is a mighty fine looking cake!! I just adore blueberries and haven't baked a bundt cake for ages this is a MUST bake!! Hey it happens to the best of us when turning cakes out *wink*

Rosie x

Abitofafoodie said...

Ooh - I've been meaning to try a bake involving buttermilk for some time. Perhaps this is the recipe to try. It looks delicious!

Gigi said...

...mmm! Blueberry yummy. Buttermilk cake yummy! Together ...drool! I must try this soon.

Nickki said...

Wow, that looks delish! And I happen to have blueberries and buttermilk in my fridge.....I don't have a bundt tin though, I wonder if it would be ok to use any other tin?

Maria♥ said...

Thanks for the lovely comments!

Nikki I don't see why you couldn't use a 9inch or 10inch deep round cake tin ;o) This cake is really delish, you will love it! Let me know if you make it.

Maria
x

Maria♥ said...

Nikki I just read in the review section of the recipe that someone used a "9x13" pan and it comes out perfect. So another option here for you.

Maria
x

Rhyleysgranny said...

This looks so good. haven't we all turned out cakes too soon just to see what they are like :)
xxx

Ms O said...

Hi Maria,

I haven't been blogging so much lately. And, I just wanted to stop in and say hello to you again. :)

What a nice cake. It looks right up my street. I'll bet it's moist and I'm sure very flavorful with the buttermilk and blueberries.

It might be just right for my mom on Mother's day.

Lea x

Nickki said...

That's great Maria, thanks so much! I'm always a bit wary about using different cakes tins unless I'm sure..I've had a couple of disasters in the past! But I will definitely try this, I'll let you know how it turns out x

Anna's kitchen table said...

That looks soooo good! :-)

Gloria Baker said...

Love bluberries Marìa, this look sooo good!!! xGloria

Vicky said...

Your cake looks so moist and scrummy!
Vicky xxx

Ruth Strong said...

I love blueberries and this bundt looks beautiful. I recently bought a fluted springform cake pan so may just have to try this.

Emily said...

Blueberry and buttermilk? Mmm.
I can't tell you how much I adore blueberries.

Kelly-Jane said...

A terrific looking cake, the crumb looks perfect :)