Saturday 10 May 2008

Biscuity Lime Pie

Looks like summer has arrived and with that arrives BBQ season! This evening we are having our first BBQ of the year, with my father in law coming over. I know he loves his cakes and desserts and although I have been suffering with a cold and generally feeling run down this week, I didn’t want to let him down and not have a home-baked dessert waiting for him. I remember coming across this recipe a while back on the BBC Good Food website, perfect for a quick and easy dessert when short on time and energy. This pie has a wonderful mixture of a ginger nut biscuit base, combined with a zingy citrus topping to get your taste buds tingling. I have a feeling my father in law won’t be leaving this evening without a doggie bag (Tupperware).
I have linked the recipe below!



Biscuity Lime Pie

10 comments:

Swati said...

You are such a sweet daughter ... The love and respect you have for your in-laws reflects so much..
A lovely dessert Maria!!

Anna's kitchen table said...

That looks sooo delicious!

Vicky said...

That looks and sounds like the perfect finish to a barbie. I hope you have a great evening.
Vicky xxx

Unknown said...

Maria, I only wish I could eat all of these lovely dishes you bake....I would give them all a go, especially this one, but I know I would become the size of a house as I can't just stop at one small slice like ladies should do...I just woarrff the whole thing down (maybe cutting a small slice for hubby of course...hahaha). No, but seriously, I admire your ability in baking!!
Loulou x

Rosie said...

Oh this is lovely Maria and I bet the family really enjoyed a slice of this lime pie. This is one of my favs so I must try this out too ;)

You have an award sweet on my blog!

http://rosiebakesapeaceofcake.blogspot.com/

Rosie x

Kelly-Jane said...

It looks so yummy, I'd love a bite right this minute!

Anonymous said...

That looks so delicious. Hope you had a fabulous evening.

Oh my! Apple pie! said...

Maria it looks delicious! The perfect way to round off a barbecue.

Maria♥ said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. This was one very delicious dessert and definitely perfect for a bbq!

Rosie thanks for the award ;o)

Maria
x

Anonymous said...

whoa... this looks so good! my mouth is puckering just from the thought of the lime taste!