Tuesday 13 July 2010

Linguine with Garlic, Prawns and Spinach

My hubby is away on business in Singapore for a week and I hate it when he has to go away but its part of his job. He hates having to leave too but with his job he gets to fly first class all over the world, stay at 5 star hotels and wines and dines at the best restaurants, lucky sod!

I feel lost when hubby isn’t around and it can be lonely! So I decided to pay Amazon a visit and order two cookbooks to keep me company. I ordered Tana’s Kitchen Secrets by Tana Ramsey and The Itailian Diet by Gino D’acampo. The books arrived yesterday and both are great and full of so many yummy recipes. I particularly love The Italian Diet coobook with 100 healthy Italian recipes to help you lose weight and enjoy food. I couldn’t wait to try out some recipes from this book and tonight I tried the Linguine with garlic, prawns and spinach recipe.

This dish is so quick and easy, perfect for when you’re starving and your tummy is grumbling. I loved this simple delicious low-fat pasta recipe and can't wait to make this for hubby on his return, he will definitely love this too. If you’re a prawn and garlic lover then this one’s for you.

On a side note, I weighed myself this morning and my healthy eating is paying off, I have lost 5lbs in the past 2 weeks!



Linguine with Garlic, Prawns and Spinach

Serves 4

Ingredients
300g linguine
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, sliced
150g spinach leaves
400g uncooked prawns, peeled
4 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
10 cherry tomatoes, quartered (I omitted these)

Cook the pasta in a large saucepan in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente.

Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the garlic for 1 minute until golden.

Add the spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes.

Add the prawns with the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Stir well and continue to cook for 2 minutes.

Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the frying pan, then lower the heat.

Add the lemon zest and cherry tomatoes and stir everything together for
30 seconds.

Serve immediately.

449 calories 13.4g fat 1.9g saturates 4.2g sugars 0.9g salt

11 comments:

Jan said...

Hi and thank you for stopping by at my blog. I'm with you on the collecting cookbooks! I LOVE them and all the cooking magazines - I have a HUGE pile of them.
Love your blog - off to have a good look Jan x

Chele said...

Boy-o-boy am I having a battle with blogger lately! 2nd time lucky at leaving a comment ;0)
Well done with loosing so much weight in just 2 weeks - such a great feeling when the happens! Hubby doesn't like prawns so I'll need to keep this recipe stored away for the next time he is off out and I'm cooking for one. The photo's look wonderful!

garlicboss said...

The spinach and prawns in the pasta sounds delicious and it was so quick to prepare

Kate said...

I just ate something like this today! But it was at a restaurant. I had linguine pescatore. So i got to have that too but with muscles and scallops. Its my fave, so i love that yo've put the recipe on here too!

Ps congrats on the weight loss!

busygran said...

Linguine with with GPS? WOW! It's a definite YES to my younger daughter. Will let her try out your recipe. How I envy you - you lost kilos while eating! ;P

The Girl said...

This sounds absolutely gorgeous. I am most definitely a prawn and garlic lover!

Well done on the weight loss too - 5lbs in 2 weeks is loads!!

Gloria Baker said...

María I love this I really love prawns and garlic, nice!! xx gloria

Lucie said...

This looks divine Maria! I could just dive my fork right in that pasta. Sorry hubby is away again, glad retail therapy is helping! You have done brilliantly on your diet - well done honey!!! Lucie xxx

Kate said...

Hi, me again. I gave you a shout out on my blog. Go have a look! :)

Cool Chic Style Fashion said...

Ciao il tuo blog è veramente molto carino, :)

Chele said...

Just made this for dinner. YUM! And so simple to make too ;0)