Monday 5 July 2010

Oat Crunch Cookies

I haven’t made cookies in a while and thought I’d take advantage of the cooler weather this morning and bake a batch of these quick and really easy Oat Crunch Cookies. These cookies are a heavenly balance of crunchy, chewy, sweet and are extremely moreish! My hubby loves oat cookies and no doubt these babies will be flying out of the tin the moment he gets home from work. Wishing you all a lovely week and may it be filled with happy baking and cooking!


Oat Crunch Cookies

Makes 20

Ingredients
150g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
175g rolled oats
125g butter
100g light brown sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp water

Preheat the oven to 180oC/160oC fan/Gas mark 4. Lightly grease two baking sheets. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Stir in the oats.

Place the butter, sugar, golden syrup, and 1 tbsp of water in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until combined. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.

Take small amounts of the dough, each about the size of a walnut, and roll into balls. Space them well apart on the baking sheets and flatten slightly.

Bake until golden, 16-18 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to five days.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are practically a health food ;-)

Rhyleysgranny said...

Oh I love oat cookies. Yours look lovely. I could just lift on off the screen x

Unknown said...

I'll most definitely be baking these - I love Oaty Cookies.
Jill x

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Yum. I love that cake stand too

Chele said...

They look great - just the right size for a morning treat ;0)
Love the plate stand too!

Lucie said...

Oh how lovely, these look so good. Best served with tea and gossip I think! :) Love Lucie x

busygran said...

Healthy and so easy to make. Good for my grandsons. Will give a try. Pretty tray!

cocoa and coconut said...

yummy and rather healthy too, thanks for the idea!

Maria♥ said...

Thanks everyone ;o)

Maria
x

Diana's Cocina said...

What a lovely treat. Perfect with my morning coffee.

busygran said...

Hi Maria,
I think blogger had a problem yesterday. I see my reply on your comment page. I had problems too in replying. Thanks for dropping by my blog. :)

cocoa and coconut said...

You inspired me to make some yummy museli bars using similar ingredients and quantities to this recipe. Hope you don't mind if I give a shout out to you on my blog? I've linked my post to yours :)

Nickki said...

I love oat cookies. I also love the fact that I can make them at any time because I always have the ingredients to make them :-)

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Oooh these look delish Maria! I've just nipped to the farm shop for some porridghe oats - I was about to try out a raspberry and oat muffin recipe so I'll have to double up on my baking and try these too!

Anonymous said...

Nice easy recipe but I had to add extra butter and syrup to bind it. Then needed to refrigerate in a clingfilm roll before dividing into biscuits. Nothing beats a homemade biscuit and a cup of tea!

Thank you.