Thursday 13 March 2008

Granola Bars

Today I have baked some healthy tasty granola bars, mixed with honey, peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract and granola. Then baked in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. They are very similar to Flapjacks but you use granola, which consists of rolled oats, fruit, nuts and honey. I have used shop bought granola but home-made granola would be great, next time I will use home-made. This recipe features in a cookbook that was sent to me this week from Patty, my dear friend in America. The book is a legacy of all her family and friends favourite recipes from years gone by, and also features a few of my favourite recipes which I have passed onto her during the years. These Granola Bars are the perfect pick me up snack!


Thank you Patty ;o)

5 comments:

Finla said...

Hi hi after yesterdays brownie you are going healthy bars :-)))
Yeah you are really correct about going striaght to hip stomach and bumb. I mean about the brownies

Maria♥ said...

Hi Happy Cook

Thanks for dropping by. Yeah I've gone healthy today, with Easter around the corner there will be chocolate overdose and I'm trying to steer away from it till then. But then again tomorrow I plan on making the Chocolate Guinness Cake for St Patricks Day!

Maria
x

Finla said...

Hi hi looking forward to your guiness cake.

Rosie said...

Mmmmmm lovely granola bars sweetie! Keep up the good work loving your bakes :D

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Thanks Rosie.

Maria
x