Wednesday 6 August 2008

Cinnamon Berry Granola Bars

Last night whilst browsing my August edition of Good Food magazine I came across this granola bar recipe which caught my eye and knew it would be something my boys would enjoy. I haven’t made any granola/flapjacks bars in a while, plus this recipe sounded easy and a perfect excuse to bake. The bars are packed with energy boosting ingredients and great for breakfast on the run, pack lunches or a snack to have with your tea/coffee. I omitted the cranberries and walnuts but added dried apricot pieces. You can pretty much add any dried fruit, seeds or nuts to granola bars!



If you would like to re-create these delicious bars you can find the recipe here.

13 comments:

Rosie said...

You are spoiling us Maria with your delicious bakes. I spotted these wonderful bars in the magazine too - lovely bake sweetie :)

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Thanks Rosie ;o)

Maria
x

Deborah said...

I keep thinking that I need to make myself some healthy snacks to carry with me since I'm always hungry, and these would definitely do the job!

Ivy said...

Maria, I am sure my kids will love these as well but we cannot find sunflower seeds in Greece or the specific sugar. We make something similar in Greece but only with honey, nuts and sesame seeds.

Coby said...

Oh are they as delicious as they look? I have a love/hate relationship with naughty-healthy food like that:):) It's naughty because I eat too many, and this is exactly that type of food!

Gigi said...

blueberry granola bars, blackberry muffins, and blueberry orange muffins you are a baking machine! These recipes have been marked for when the weather breaks! They look to delicious to pass up.

Anonymous said...

Oh they look lovely Maria. I haven't even opened my copy of Good Food yet, must remember to bookmark these.

Beth (jamandcream) said...

I must have missed this one I think! Will go back and have a look tonight! Hubby would love this, and packed full of energy too. Great!

RecipeGirl said...

You know... I have always wanted to make my own granola bars. These sound fabulous!

Nickki said...

They look delicious Maria, I do love granola bars. I delude myself into believing they are healthy and then eat far too many ;)

MrsB said...

mmmm, I could just eat one of these right now! I might have to have a go at baking these they look delicious and healthy! x

Kelly-Jane said...

Lovely bars, mmm mmm!

Maria♥ said...

Thanks everyone ;o)

Maria
x