Saturday 18 September 2010

Prawns with Tomato and Feta

I have a confession to make, remember my healthy eating mission? Well for the past few weeks I’ve done terrible! So I decided after feeling bloated, unhealthy and my clothes starting to feel tight I needed to get back on track. I needed some motivation and found it in the Good Food 101 Low-fat Feasts cookbook that was nestled amongst the other cookbooks on the shelf. I immediately found lots of great recipes which looked yummy and I choose this Prawn and Tomato with Feta dish for dinner. This Mediterranean inspired recipe was super easy and quick and the feta bought a new dimension of flavour to all the other ingredients. I served it alongside rice but it would be equally at home with pasta. Hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed this and it felt good to know I was eating healthy food again.

Prawns with Tomato and Feta

Serves 2-3

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
Pinch of sugar
350g large peeled prawns, thawed if frozen
100g feta
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Rice or pasta to serve

Heat the tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan, add the onions and fry gently for about 7 minutes, until softened and light brown. Add the tomatoes and a pinch of sugar and simmer for 5 minutes.

Throw in the prawns, season and cook gently for 5 minutes until the prawns are thoroughly hot.

Serve spooned over rice or pasta. Crumble over the feta and sprinkle with chopped parsley.

5 comments:

Brownieville Girl said...

I never would have thought to serve feta with prawns - must give it a go!

Thanks

Rhyleysgranny said...

Now that sounds soooooo good. I love the saltiness of feta.

Cooking Gallery said...

This recipe sounds delicious...!!

Lucie said...

Well done for getting back on the wagon! This looks so fresh and flavoursome, yummy xx

Elizabeth said...

Oh my, yummmy! I love prawns. Ooooh....I'm salivating!