Tuesday 28 September 2010

Smoked Salmon and Pea Pasta

Hubby's gone to Singapore on business again this morning but thankfully this is a short trip and he is back Friday morning. I hate it when he goes away and miss him terribly, so I keep busy around the house, cleaning, baking and making yummy meals for one! Comfort food is something I always crave when I am home alone and I found it in this recipe for Smoked Salmon and Pea Pasta. This recipe definitely delivered comfort; it’s low fat and incorporated Total Greek Yoghurt! A heart healthy, speedy meal packed with omega-3s and ready in 20 minutes.

Smoked Salmon and Pea Pasta

Serves 2

Ingredients
175g fusilli or other pasta
100g frozen peas
125g pack cooked smoked salmon fillets
3 rounded tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
2 rounded tsp horseradish sauce

Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water according to pack instructions, adding the peas for the last 3 mins. Meanwhile, flake the salmon and set aside, then mix the yogurt with the horseradish, salt and pepper.

Drain the pasta, then return to the pan and stir in the salmon and yogurt, letting the heat of the pasta warm the sauce. Tastes great with a crisp green salad.

8 comments:

Finla said...

I know what you mean, when my hubby is out of the country i miss him terribly too and now it will be verse as daughter is gone to college.
Love the pasta dish it indeed looks so comforting.

Chele said...

So when can I come for dinner?
;0)

Living the frugal life in France said...

Sounds lovely. I prefer cooked smoked salmon to raw. Will try the yohurt and horseradish, never thought of that combination before. I really miss decent peas. The frozen peas we have here are not good at all - miss birds eye frozen peas.

Living the frugal life in France said...

Totally butter. I stopped buying margarine about 10 years ago.

Kate said...

this looks very appetizing right now. im starving!

SCARLETT said...

Really like the idea of the horseradish-lovely!

Lucie said...

This looks so yummy! Glad you are keeping busy. Hugs xx

Brownieville Girl said...

This one ticks all the boxes ... Thanks