Tuesday 14 October 2008

White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies

Today I finally managed to bake my hubby’s favourite cookies; he has been requesting these cookies for weeks but I didn’t have time this weekend. It was a busy but productive weekend, with the first glimmer of Christmas coming to our home. I made my Christmas cake, Christmas pudding and mincemeat and the house was filled with that unmistakable Christmassy baking aroma! (More to follow soon on my Christmas Cake, Pudding and Mincemeat!)

These supreme white chocolate and cranberry bejewelled cookies are the finest you’ll ever taste and they don’t last long once I place them in the cookie tin. I was thinking they would make a perfect gift at Christmas, packed in a lovely box and tied with a ribbon.

White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies

Ingredients
75g (2¾ oz) butter, softened
50g (1¾ oz) soft brown sugar
50g (1¾ oz) caster sugar
1 egg
A few drops of vanilla extract
160g (5¾ oz) plain flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
110g (3¾ oz) white chocolate chips
50g (1¾ oz) dried cranberries

Preheat the oven 190oC/170oC fan/375oF/Gas 5 and line two baking trays with baking paper. Mash up the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until well mixed, then whisk with electric beaters until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Sift in the flour and baking powder and add a small pinch of salt. Beat with the wooden spoon to make a soft sandy mixture. Stir in the chocolate and cranberries.

Lightly moisten your hands and roughly roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Arrange them on the trays, leaving a fair space between for flattening and spreading. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden and darkening around the edges. Remove from the oven but leave them on the tray to cool and firm up. These will keep in a cookie tin for a couple of days.

Makes 30 cookies

12 comments:

Rosie said...

These have to be one of my fav cookies Maria and sooooo addictive be warned everyone *giggle*....

Rosie x

Ivy said...

I know what you mean Rosie. I made something similar on Saturday, but they were gone in no time.

Rhyleysgranny said...

These look so good. As you say perfect for Christmas

Beth (jamandcream) said...

I love these cookies - one of my fave's. Thanks for posting the mincemeat recipe on SSB!

Anna's kitchen table said...

Oooh, they look sooo good!

Reeni said...

I don't blame your husband for loving them! They look soft and delicious!

Coby said...

Christmas is well and truly in the food-blogging air! I LOVE it! I don't think I've made these cookies and I seriously have to wonder why. If they are your husband's favourite, I really better get on this and give them a go, as I have no doubt he's had the opportunity to taste a few cookies come out of your kitchen Maria;)

Kelly-Jane said...

We love these too, yours look lovley :)

Anonymous said...

i made these last night after reading your post. they were absolutely delicious. half of them have gone already.thanks for the recipe maria.
x

Emily said...

I think these might be my favorite cookies, too! They look great.

Nic said...

I think these cookies are my favourite of all, and I like them with dried cherries too. Nice photos.

Maria♥ said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments.

Maria
x