Wednesday 10 February 2010

Pear and Ginger Muffins

Hi all, how have you all been? I've been absent from my blog for too long but life as it sometimes does took over. I can't beleive how long it's been since I last blogged, although I have been baking along the way. If I'm honest I lost my blogging mojo when sadly my kitten Ollie passed away last August but I'm ready and raring to get back to my poor neglected blog and bake lots of yummy goodies. I baked these Pear and Ginger muffins a while back and they were a recipe I couldn't wait to try. I've baked many variety of muffins but never a recipe with pear. The pear and ginger combo sounded too good to pass up and they couldn't have been more of a hit with my boys and I. The pear keeps the muffin moist and the ginger permeates everything. These are perfect for breakfast or snacking during the day.
Pear and Ginger Muffins

Makes 12

Ingredients
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
150g caster sugar
75g light brown sugar, plus ½ tsp per muffin for sprinkling
1 tsp ground ginger
1 x 142ml pot sour cream
125ml vegetable oil
1 x 15ml tbsp honey
2 eggs (large)
1 large pear such as a Comice (or other fruit to give you about 300g in weight), peeled, cored and cut into 5mm dice

Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6 and line a 12-bun muffin tin with muffin papers.

Measure into a bowl the flour, baking powder, caster sugar, 75g of brown sugar and the ground ginger.

In a large measuring jug, whisk together the sour cream, oil, honey and eggs and then fold into the dry ingredients.

Lastly, mix in the diced pear, and divide the batter evenly between the muffin cases.

Sprinkle each one with ½ tsp of brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack. Best eaten while still a little warm.

11 comments:

Chele said...

Yay! Welcome back!

;0)

Lucie said...

Woo hoo your back!... I have genuinely missed you and your posts Maria - Rosie too, so glad to see you back. Hope you're well xxxx

Simplyfood said...

Looks absolutely delicious.

natalia said...

Ciao ! I'm happy to see you ! What an inviting recipe !!

Petit Filoux said...

I'm not too keen on ginger in sweet things, but I love pear so I might give this a try! Lovely to have you back x

The Girl said...

Woo! Great to see you back!!

Excellent comeback as well, will see if I can dig out some pears when I'm at the market later!

Kelly-Jane said...

Glad to see you back. Hope you are feeling happier now :) Lovely muffins.

Finla said...

Good to see you back blogging as we missed you baking.
Love the combination on the muffin and it looks so good.

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Welcome back Maria

Maria♥ said...

Hi everyone

Thanks for the lovely welcome back. I have missed blogging and my blogging friends and it feels good to be back.

Maria
x

Nickki said...

Welcome back Maria, I have really missed you and your blog :-)

I love these muffins too, I can't believe how moist and fluffy they are!