Tuesday 16 February 2010

White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies

Warm cookies right from the oven, oozing with melted chocolate and macadamia nuts. Who can resist them? These cookies are my second offering this week from Jo Pratt’s In the Mood for Food. I had forgotten how many great recipes are in this book and I have a few more recipes book-marked to try in the coming days (so watch this space)! This cookie recipe is quick and easy, and delivers soft, chewy melt-in your mouth cookies that are definitely for those with a sweet tooth. The only trouble with these cookies is that it’s hard to eat only one at a time!

White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies

Makes about 12 or more

Ingredients
125g butter, softened
85g soft light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg yolk
150g plain flour
75g white chocolate, chopped or broken into small chunks
50g macadamia nuts, chopped

Preheat the oven to 180ºC/ fan 160ºC/ Gas 4.
Beat together the butter and sugar until it is pale and creamy, either in an electric mixer or by hand.
Beat in the vanilla extract and egg yolk.
Add the flour, white chocolate chunks and chopped nuts. Mix until you have a smooth dough, with the only lumps being the chocolate and nuts.

Using your hands, roll the dough into golf sized ball and lightly press each one flat on to a greased baking sheet, making sure they are spread slightly apart.
Bake for 12 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes before either eating or cooling completely on a wire rack.


14 comments:

Maggie said...

The cookies look lovely Maria.
I too am a fan of Jo Pratt, her recipes are really good and everything I have made has turned out really well too.

Simplyfood said...

These cookies look so delicious and yummy.

Joanne said...

White chocolate macadamia cookies are my favorite type of cookie! I definitely am going to try these :D

Snooky doodle said...

oh my ! these look so good!

Caroline said...

They look lovely and puffy Maria, yum!

It's great to see you back and blogging, I hope life is treating you well. Thank you for the award, I haven't ignored it, but haven't had time to blog about it yet!

Choclette said...

Macadamia's in cookies are so good and these look particularly good.

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I don't have the nuts, but I think I may make these tomorrow just with the chocolate. they look so good!

Chele said...

White Chocolate AND macadamia's - my two most fave cookie items in one place! Can't wait to try these.

Sasha said...

Maria,
Macadamias and white chocolate is a classic combo. These cookies look incredible. Thanks for the recipe - I'm bookmarking this page ; )

L-Fy said...

tested and they're delicious

Nickki said...

YUM I love white chocolate cookies and they look gorgeous. I do like Jo Pratt's books, she has so many great recipes. :-)

Hayley said...

What a coincidence, I dug out In The Mood For Food the other day, it is a really great cookbook : ) Cookies look great Maria xx

Sasha said...

I wrote about these cookies on my blog : )

Here: http://fortheluvoffood.blogspot.com/2010/04/move-over-chips-ahoy.html

thegirlwhowaited1 said...

I can't wait to try these in Food Technology in school on Friday, they look delicious and simple and I bet the other students will love them, thanks!!<3