Friday 12 February 2010

Pear and Chocolate Muffins

It seems I am on a pear kick at the moment. I was asked by my lovely hubby if I could bake something yummy to provide towards the buffet after a badminton match he is playing this evening. Of course I jumped at the chance as I'm always happy to have an excuse to bake and it's always a great satisfaction when hubby comes home and tells me what a hit my goodies were.
I've not been food shopping this week so had to make use of what I had available, so I decided to use up the pears in my fruit bowl and make these Pear and Chocolate Muffins. I love this combination of flavours, the chocolate compliments the sweetness of the pears wonderfully! I am sure these are going to be a hit with the players and there won't be a crumb left going on the bakes I've provided for previous matches!

Pear and Chocolate Muffins

250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
170g golden caster sugar
1 large egg
240ml milk
75g unsalted butter, melted
3 small pears, peeled and cubed
125g dark chocolate bar (chopped) or chocolate chips

Measure out all dry ingredients into a bowl together: plain flour, baking powder, chocolate and golden caster sugar.
Melt the butter and leave to cool down, once cooled combine with the milk and egg. Then add wet mixture to dry ingredients and then stir in pears. Fill each muffin case with the mixture and bake in a pre-heated oven to 180°C (356°F) for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.

12 comments:

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Im sure they will go down a treat. I used to play county level badminton - best bit was the tea afterwards... he he

Chele said...

Oooooooooooh, they do look good. I think my Hubby would really like these too - no badminton required lol

Lucie said...

Pear and chocolate is a winning combination in my book. These look terrific, I am sure they went down well. So glad you have your mojo back! Lucie x

Anonymous said...

These muffins are delicious and always work well. Thank you domestic goddess!

Anonymous said...

Love your site but I'm from the US and don't know how to translate your measurements. I really want to try the Pear Chocolate Muffins as pears are very plentiful now in the US. Any chance you can do the conversion for us poor souls in the US?
Love your site. Joan

nate said...

I tried these out today, turned out beautifully!

Cristina said...

Can I make these in a tray since I don't have a muffin tray at the moment?

Cristina said...

Joan, i had to convert it for myself as well,

2 Cups Flour
3/4 Cup sugar
1 Cup Milk
1/3 cup (a bit over) butter
1 cup chocolate

Maria♥ said...

Hi Cristina

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've not been on blogger in a while. I am sure it would turn out ok in a tray, as long as its not too big. Not sure what size tin though. As for the conversions, I find Google very helpful for that.

Unknown said...

These sound lovely...im goinig bake them for my 4 year old daughter and her friend for an afterschool snack ! Thanks
Mummytincgana.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My husband made these for me! Theyre fabulous! Soft and fluffy on the inside with a lovely top! Try this recipe. You won't regret it!

Rez said...

I love your blog and I've tried a few recipes already. I have just made a batch of these lovelies muffins and they are simply gorgeous and moist and so easy to make!
Thank you and keep up with this fantastic blog. Xxx