Saturday 20 February 2010

Honey-Seared Salmon with Sesame Noodles

Here is another great recipe from In the Mood for Food. The moment I first saw this recipe I knew I had to make it. I absolutely love salmon and stir fries and the both combined sounded really yummy. The salmon , soft noodles, sweet honey and crunchy veggies offer an amazing combination of texture and taste. With my fussy son, who is not fond of fish, being out for the night it was an opportunity to have a quiet evening in with hubby and enjoy this lovely meal with a glass or 2 of wine.

Honey-Seared Salmon with Sesame Noodles

Serves 2

Ingredients
2 strips of egg or rice noodles (I used rice noodles)
3 teaspoons sesame oil
2 thick salmon fillet, skinned and sliced into 2cm thick strips
4 teaspoon runny honey
4 teaspoon soy sauce
2 tsp sesame seeds
8 spring onions, sliced
2 handfuls of bean sprouts
4 large handfuls of spinach leaves

Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions and drain. Toss in a teaspoon of the sesame oil to prevent them sticking together. Toss the salmon with the honey, soy sauce and chilli flakes. Heat a non-stick frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add the sesame seeds, toast until they are lightly golden, and then remove from the pan. Add a teaspoon of sesame oil to the pan and once hot, cook the salmon for about a minute each side or until golden (reserving any of the honey and soy left behind in the dish). Remove from the pan and keep warm.

Add the remaining teaspoon of the sesame oil to the pan and quickly fry the noodles, spring onion and bean sprouts until the noodles are heated through. Add the spinach, sesame seeds and any remaining honey and soy mixture from the salmon. Toss until the spinach is starting to wilt. Tip the noodles and spinach mixture into a serving bowl. Sit the honey-seared salmon on top and serve straight away.

PS....For a bit of a kick, add a pinch of chilli flakes to the honey and soy sauce.

The salmon can be swapped for prawns or strips of chicken, pork or beef.

10 comments:

Lucie said...

This is my kind of meal Maria - I am definitely doing try this. :) Lucie x

Maria♥ said...

Hi Lucie
Thanks for your lovely comments always. You definitely should give this a go, so easy and quick.

Maria
x

Reeni said...

This looks so good Maria! I love the flavors. I don't eat fish often enough - with recipes like this I would. The cookbook sounds great.

Nora said...

Ooh, I love the idea of the honey/salmon/soy sauce flavour combination - that looks and sounds delicious. I'll definitely be giving this one a go!

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Right, I AM getting that book out tonight. Sounds like a meal hubs and I would enjoy

Nickki said...

This looks delicious Maria, I love salmon and I love the idea of using honey, I bet it adds such a lovely sweetness. This is exactly the kind of dish I would make on a saturday night :-)

Maria said...

I love the bed of noodles. Delicious!

Chele said...

I love salmon. And noodles. The two together would be one of the nicest meals around in my book ;0)

Anna's kitchen table said...

Maria, I think I'd love this too! Will have to dig my copy of this book out!

Anne said...

Mm looks and sounds so yummy! I just love salmon with an oriental thing going on!