Sunday 27 January 2008

Carbonnade of Beef with Double Potato Topping

During the winter months I think there is nothing more welcoming than a good hearty stew or casserole to hit that comfort spot. The real beauty of casseroles is how easy they are to make. All you need to do is combine the prepared ingredients in a casserole dish, then cover and place in the oven to cook. For me Sunday's is the perfect day for this, when all you want is to laze about and look forward to a plate of winter comfort food. As you know I am working my way through various recipes from Secrets from a Country Kitchen cookbook for the month of January and this wonderful recipe is from the book. I have made this dish before and it's been a success every time. "Carbonnade" means a casserole of beef cooked in beer and the double topping is a combination of sweet potato and normal potatoes, yummy!

3 comments:

Maria♥ said...

Hi Dell

Thanks for the lovely feedback and dropping by.

Maria
x

Rosie said...

Oh this is an excellent choice I can taste those wonderful flavours now having also made this myself!

Your dish looks perfect Maria :D

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Rosie this is another wonderful dish i know you have also made and your right, it has wonderful flavours.

Maria
x