Tuesday 22 January 2008

Golden Flapjacks

I think everybody loves flapjacks, they are sweet, satisfying and healthy. I love the fact that you can add just about anything to them for delicious alternatives to the basic recipe. I have gone for a basic recipe today of 100g butter, 100g demerara sugar, 100g golden syrup and 225g porridge oats. Flapjacks normally come in squares but i decided to be different today and make them in a round tin. If you are thinking of making these i would suggest using the breakfast porridge oats, i.e. rolled oats. Avoid the jumbo oats as they are too large for these flapjacks. This recipe also comes courtesy of Secrets from a Country Kitchen. I am on a mission this month to only cook recipes from this book, which i find is a great way of getting round to using the cookbooks sitting on my book shelf lonely and gathering dust.

7 comments:

Rosie said...

What a great post with great pics!

Now your Flapjacks ARE stunning I really could do with a slice to eat *drool* go nice with my cuppa here at my desk!! :D

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Rosie these are sooo good and so quick to make up. Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

Maria
x

Caty said...

Yummy! I love flapjack and yours look delicious.

Maria♥ said...

Hi Caty

Thanks for the lovely comment and for popping by ;o)

Maria
x

Anonymous said...

I was wondering, is it possible to make this flapjack in a small square or oblong tin and if so what size would you suggest?

Anonymous said...

how long is this cooked for and on what temperature?
Thank you!

Maria♥ said...

Hi Rosie

You can use an 8inch square tin to make these flapjacks. Bake at 160oC/325oF/Gas 3 for 25-30 minutes untill golden brown.

Maria
x