Tuesday 29 January 2008

Uncomplicated Fruit-Topped Yellow Cake

I really love the name of this cake, which is why it caught my eye. The reason why it’s called “uncomplicated”? Well you won’t come across an easier cake to make up on days when time is not on your side or you just want effortlessness. This is a very moist cake which can be topped with every type of fruit, the choice is yours! This cake would be gorgeous topped with apricots when they come into season in the summer. I have gone for the apple topping, and for me apples are the perfect fruit in winter. This cake can easily be doubled up as a dessert and served with lashings of hot custard, just the thing on a cold winter’s day!


This recipe is from, The Weekend Baker by Abigail Johnson Dodge. A must have in every cookbook addicts collection!

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Hi Maria, great to view your bake from your new baking book! This cake looks awesome and the texture looks so light - one perfect cake!!

I bet this cake has taken a good hammering from your boys and not much left ;)

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Hi Rosie

This is one beautiful cake, very light, fluffy and full of flavour. I can't wait to try this with apricots. And how did ya guess about my boys?..lol..lets just say the cake is going down well ;o)

Maria
x

Rosie said...

Hi maria just wanted to let you know I've tagged you for a meme. Please call by blog to found out about it - thanks :D

http://rosiebakesapeaceofcake.blogspot.com/

Rosie x