Sunday 27 January 2008

Warm Cinnamon-Spiced Blueberry Cake

It’s a glorious sunny winters day here in Surrey and nothing beats getting up early and baking your family a cake to wake up to. So this morning I did just that. I had spotted the perfect cake for just an occasion, Warm Cinnamon-Spiced Blueberry Cake from my new book, The Weekend Baker by Abigail Johnson Dodge. In this easy but wonderful recipe the blueberry topping is added partway through the baking so that some of it can sink into the cake to provide that delicious moist filling. My boys were welcomed with that beautiful cinnamon aroma when they awoke and it was the perfect start to our Sunday.


5 comments:

Maria♥ said...

Hi ;o)

This cake is really a delicious combination. Thanks for the comment and dropping by, always lovely to see you.

Maria
x

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh, I have this cookery book as well. It has lots of yummy recipes in it! I haven't made this one yet, but clearly I must! Yours looks delicious!

Maria♥ said...

Hi Marie

Lovely to see you here and thanks for the feedback and dropping by my blog. You must try this cake, it is delish ;o)

Maria
x

Rosie said...

Hi maria, What a great comboof flavours cinnamon & blueberry! Excellent bake :D

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Rosie this cake is delish and the combination of cinnamon and blueberry is marvelous. It goes down a real treat with a nice cuppa tea!

Maria
x