Wednesday 2 April 2008

Pasta with Ham, Peas and Cream

This pasta dish is a monthly if not weekly staple in our home, my boys can't get enough of it. It is so easy and quick to make and in less than 20 minutes you have what I can only describe as pure comfort on a plate.


Pasta with Ham, Peas and Cream

This recipe serves 2

Ingredients
200g farfalle or other short pasta
100g frozen peas
150ml double cream
150g diced ham
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan

Cook the pasta according to packet instructions in plenty of salted boiling water, and then after 5 minutes add the peas to the pasta water.When the pasta is cooked, drain with the peas. Put the dry pan back on the heat with the cream, ham and Parmesan and warm it through. Add the pasta and peas back to the pan, tossing everything together well.

8 comments:

Rosie said...

Ooooh I love this dish too since you told me about it. Looks lovely Maria, now it's just finding my fork to tuck in :)

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Thanks Rosie ;o)

Maria
x

MrsB said...

this dinner looks so tasty, i could definitely eat a large bowl full ;)

Maria♥ said...

Hi Mrs B

This is definitely tasty, thanks for dropping by ;o)

Maria
x

Ruth Strong said...

This is definitely a comforting dish! i love quick and easy pasta dishes and this one sounds really tasty too. Let me know when you're next making it! i'll be round in a jiffy!

Maria♥ said...

Hi Ruth

You can't get more quick and easy than this dish, not to mention the added pleasure of it being comfort food at it's best. I'm trying to shift some lbs so unfortunately for me all these types of food are a no go area at the moment :o(

Maria
x

Ruth Strong said...

I hear ya on that loosing a few lbs! So hard when you have food this yummy!

Maria♥ said...

Thanks Dell ;o)

Maria
x