Thursday 17 April 2008

Sausage and Tomato Linguine and a 6 Word Tag!

I recently found this gem of a recipe in my Good Food 101 Cheap Eats Book and I knew from the get go this would be scrumptious, and I was right! This is a simple dish but the flavour stems from using sausages packed with different herbs. I found some wonderful Pork with parma ham, garlic & red wine sausages at my local store that I knew would suit this dish perfectly. Another choice of sausage that you could use is Toulouse Sausages that are also packed in flavour. My hubby and son enjoyed and loved this pasta dish and it is one that will become part of our monthly repertoire.

Sausage and Tomato Linguine
Serves 4
Ingredients

1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
450g Toulouse or herby sausages
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 bay leaf
Pinch of sugar
350g linguine/spaghetti
50g grated parmesan or mature cheese

Heat the oil in a pan, then fry the onion for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Remove the skins from the sausages and discard. Add the sausages to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until they start to brown, breaking them up with a spatula.

Add the tomatoes, bay leaf and a pinch of sugar, and season. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until cooked.

Meanwhile, cook the linguine/spaghetti in salted boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain, then stir into the sausage sauce with half the cheese. Serve hot with the remaining cheese sprinkled over.

6 Word Tag

The lovely Vi from Flowers in the Kitchen has tagged me for a 6 word description of myself.


1. Sensitive
2. Fiery
3. Caring
4. Considerate
5. Mad...but in a good and fun way
6. Strong willed


I am supposed to tag another 6 people but I am going to be a rebel and nominate all my blogger friends and leave it up to you if you want to be tagged.

12 comments:

Finla said...

I am hungry now seeing the pic of the pasta and i just had my dinner.
Delicious

Maria♥ said...

Hi Happy, thanks ;o)

Maria
x

Vicky said...

That looks delish! My family would love that too. So warming and filling.

Love Vicky xxx

Kelly-Jane said...

I really like sausages with pasta, mmm.

Emily said...

Mmm, I love pasta. With a little tomato and spicy sausage, that sounds fantastic.

Maria♥ said...

Thanks for the kind comments ;o)

Maria
x

Nickki said...

Looks really tasty Maria :) It remind me a something I made a long time ago, come to think of it I'm sure it was from BBC Good Food magazine. I'll need to have a look in my recipe folder x

Maria♥ said...

Hi Nikki (waving)

Thanks for dropping by and the lovely comment. I have now added the recipe for you and anyone who would like to re-create this yummy dish ;o)

Maria
x

Rosie said...

This is mouth watering good Maria!! As you know I love pasta and this looks a great dish!!

Thanks for sharing sweetie :)

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Thanks Rosie ;o)

Maria
x

Anna's kitchen table said...

That dish really does look amazingly good!
Perfect comfort food...
:-)

Maria♥ said...

Hi Anna

I agree this is pure comfort food. Thanks for the lovely comment.

Maria
x