Saturday 12 April 2008

Pork Chops in Wine with Potatoes, Onions and Apples

This wonderful recipe is another gem from the book, Cook Simple by Diana Henry. In the book the recipe is called Smothered Pork Chops with Mustard and Thyme Butter but I omitted the mustard thyme butter, as this is not essential, but next time I will try it. I love the simplicity of this oven baked dish, the only stove top cooking you do is the browning of the pork chops. The end result was a dish that is packed with flavour and one that my family throughly enjoyed.

9 comments:

Kelly-Jane said...

Looks delish, I'll have to make sure this is on my list! ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks delish. I'm loving this book at the moment.

Maria♥ said...

Thanks ladies! I am really enjoying this book too.

Maria
x

Abitofafoodie said...

I agree - love dishes that you can just throw together and pop in the oven. I bet this was delicious!

Nickki said...

Yum, that looks so good Maria. I must get this book! UH-OH, I feel a visit to Amazon coming on...lol x

Maria♥ said...

Antonia this was delicious, thanks for dropping by.

Nikki, thanks sweetie, Yeah you need this book ;o)

Maria
x

Ruth Strong said...

This looks and sounds lush... I'm sad that hubby hates pork chops now.

Rosie said...

This looks delsih Maria :)

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Thanks!

Maria
x