Sunday 17 February 2008

All-Star Vanilla Custards

One of the many things I love about weekends is that for me it is the perfect time to make some type of dessert or pudding for the family, when time is on your side and the hectic schedule of the week is behind you (at least for 2 days). So this weekend I decided to try a new recipe, All-Star Vanilla Custards, from The Weekend Baker (did I mention how good this book is?). These custards are different from a crème brulee; they are firmer in texture and less rich. The flavors and sweetness are gentle and soft and it soothes and satisfies you with every spoonful.


6 comments:

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Visual appeal makes me look forward to pick up a spoon and relish the good all-star vanilla custard !

Rosie said...

Beautiful dessert Maria and great photo's too sweetie! Pleased you are enjoying your new book :D Erm where did I put my spoon .........

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Hi Anamika

Thanks for the lovely comment. I can say these were very delish.

Hi Rosie
Again, thanks for the lovely comment. I know you have this book too and you "must" try these custards soon ;o)

Maria
x

Pixie said...

My brownies are all gone and I'm in the mood for another dessert. Pass one my way please!

Maria♥ said...

Hi Pixie

Thanks for dropping by and I'm passing you one over, hehehe.

Maria
x

Maria♥ said...

Dell thanks for the kind comments ;o)

Maria
x