Thursday 21 February 2008

Blackberry and Apple Loaf



I've wanted to make this loaf for some time after spotting it in my Good Food 101 Cakes and Bakes book and I bought the blackberries with the sole purpose of this recipe! I think blackberries and apple are the perfect marriage, whether in a crumble, pie or cake they bring out the best in each other. This loaf is the perfect example of that, with the added touch of cinnamon and orange zest, and the crumble topping finishes it off wonderfully. If you would like to re-create this yummy loaf I have added the link below.


6 comments:

Maria♥ said...

Dell I'd love to have you over for tea and cake ;o) Your very welcome and I really enjoyed reading your MeMe.

Maria
x

Rosie said...

Wonderful bake Maria can I join you in a slice too plz :)

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Hi Rosie

Thanks and of course you can, the more the merrier ;o)

Maria
x

Ruth Strong said...

I love loaves with tasty fruit on to and this sounds fantabulous!!! I'll be dreaming about this now.

MrsB said...

Hi Maria,

Your cake loves lovely, I have that same book, its really good i think, the recipes are easy to understand and adapt! Enjoy eating it! x

Maria♥ said...

Hi Mrs B

I love this book, it's full of wonderful recipes. Thanks for dropping by and your kind feedback. If you haven't made this cake I would highly recommend it ;o)

Maria
x