Saturday 23 February 2008

Lemon Tart

This is my first attempt at Lemon Tart and I will confess that I've cheated and this recipe is from Delia's new cookbook, How to Cheat at Cooking. I'm not going to pretend to enjoy doing my own pastry all the time and I believe in an easy life and buying ready-made pastry is not a "bakers" crime. Pastry chefs train for years to perfect the art of making pastry and more celebrity chefs nowadays are using ready made. In this recipe you buy the M&S all-butter sweet pastry case and then make the filling, bake it, cool it and then chill it. And voila you have a gorgeous Lemon Tart!

I have my in laws over for Sunday lunch tomorrow and I have made this tart for dessert. I will be serving it with Crème fraîche and strawberries.



Lemon Tart

Ingredients
195g large all-butter sweet pastry case (M&S)
312g jar Tiptree lemon curd (or any good quality lemon curd)
Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons half-fat crème fraîche
Unrefined icing sugar, for dusting

Pre-heat oven to 170oC/gas 3. In a large bowl, mix together the lemon curd, lemon zest, lemon juice, beaten egg and crème fraîche. Place the pastry case on a baking sheet, pour the lemon filling into the pastry case.

Bake the lemon tart for 20-25 minutes, until it is set and feels springy. Leave tart to cool, then chill in the fridge for 1 ½ hours. Lightly dust with icing sugar. Serve with crème fraîche.

5 comments:

Rosie said...

This looks a nice mouth watering lemon tart Maria! I just adore anything citrus flavoured!!

I'm sat here just imagining how wonderful it must taste mmmmmmm...

Oh and I managed to buy this book yesterday on my travels too :)

Have a really lovely time sweetie with your inlaws and I know they are going to be so spoilt for choice with your wonderful cooking and baking!!

Rosie x

Anna said...

I completely second you on the bought-pastry thing; I can never make my own as good X__X. This looks gorgeous, I'm such a lemon fan!

Maria♥ said...

Hi Rosie

Thank you sweetie. I'm so glad you got the book too. The tart went down a real treat and everyone loved it, the strawberries and creme friache went alongside it perfect. You must try this tart!

Hi Indigo
Thanks for the lovely comment. If you would like the recipe I am more than happy to pass it on ;o)

Maria
x

Ellie said...

thanks for this - I am going to give it a go this afternoon as I have friends coming for dinner and was looking for an easy but impressive dessert! I will probably serve it with Greek yoghurt mixed with crushed meringue pieces...try it! xx

Ballal said...

Looks good. I have a version with meringue on top, please see if you like. x
www.foodmelike.blogspot.com