Sunday 3 February 2008

Steamed Toffee Apple Pudding~The Great British Pudding Challenge

I was thrilled when Rosie from Rosie Bakes a Peace of Cake decided to put this tried and trusted recipe of mine as part of this month's Great British Pudding Challenge and I couldn't wait to make it again. So I thought there was no better day for this than Sunday and serve it as pud after our Cottage Pie, pure winter warming food. This pudding is wonderfully delish with the combo of apples and toffee. The sponge is so light, syrupy and moist and served with custard this is just the perfect end to your Sunday meal! I hope everyone who joins this month's challenge will also find this pudding gorgeous.



8 comments:

Jules said...

I'm making this later on this evening to go with the steak and guinness pie that featured on Jamie at Home this week. I can't wait to eat the pudding with lashings of custard.

Rosie said...

Hi Maria, sorry it's taken a little time to get back due to me having P.C. problems!

Your pudding looks magnificent all lush and moist with a crown of golden apples sitting on the top - yum :)

I will get you linked into the post for this pudding challenge ASAP.

Thank you for taking part and also for the lovely recipe :)

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Hi ladies and thanks for popping by and leaving lovely comments!

Maria
x

Pixie said...

Wondeful choice for a pudding! Anxious to make this next week. Yours looks great!

Maria♥ said...

Awe thanks Pixie. Can't wait to view your pudding ;o)

Maria
x

Pixie said...

Maria, your pudding choice was a huge success; we both loved it....I shall be posting about it at some point today! HUGE THANKS!

Maria♥ said...

Hi Pixie

I'm so glad it was success ;o) can't wait to view it on your blog.

Maria
x

Anonymous said...

This looks so delicious! I've never tried this before! Definitely a unique pudding!

My name is Sophie, I am the Blogger in chief at Key Ingredient, and I would really love to feature this recipe of yours on our blog...would that be ok with you? Feel free to visit the blog (http://blog.keyingredient.com/) and leave a comment with your response there. You can also email me at sophie@keyingredient.com.

Thanks!
Sophie