Saturday 2 February 2008

Snow-Flecked Brownies

My hubby came home the other day and informed me that he had been elected to bring and supply the cakes for the next home badminton match (he plays for a team in Surrey). The team having sampled the Carrot Cake I made for one of their first matches immediately rejected all cake volunteers in preference of hubby bringing one of my cakes, with the unanimous decision that it should be chocolate based. So chocolate they are getting! These brownies are a heavenly treat, with their gooey chocolate centre, studded with chunks of white chocolate and the final touch, a light dusting of icing sugar.

5 comments:

Ruth Strong said...

These look sooooo good. I'm drooling looking at those gooey centres too!

Anonymous said...

OK Maria you've put me over the edge! You've had such raves with these so many times, I'd be foolish not to give them a try...so stay tuned for comments on how mine turn out!! Thanks so much!
Love,
Patty

Maria♥ said...

Hi Ruth

Thanks for the lovely comment and dropping by my blog ;o) These brownies are very delish and the recipe is from Nigella Lawson's Feast cookbook!

Hi Patty
How lovely to see you here and thanks for your lovely comment. You must try these very soon, can't wait to see yours ;o)

Maria
x

Rosie said...

These are brilliant brownies esp being chocolate ones too :) Well done on an excellent bake.

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Thanks Rosie and I must say that any true chocoholic is missing out by not making these. They are chocolate heaven ;o)

Maria
x