Wednesday 27 February 2008

Blueberry and Lemon Muffins

A light and healthy treat for breakfast, lunch or snack time. These blueberry muffins have the added flavour of lemon, which really brings out all the flavours wonderfully.

Blueberry and Lemon Muffins

Ingredients:
175g plain flour
75g caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2 eggs
50g butter, melted
175ml milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp grated lemon rind
150g blueberries

Preheat oven to 200oC/180oC fan/gas 6. Grease or line 12 muffin tins.

Sift the flour, caster sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.

Lightly whisk the egss in another bowl, then add the melted butter, milk, vanilla and lemon rind and stir until combined.

Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. Using a large metal spoon, stir until the flour is moistened and incorporated but not until the mixture is smooth.

Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture with a metal spoon until they are evenly distributed.

Spoon the mixture into the tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.

6 comments:

Rosie said...

Hi Maira, Oh these blueberry & lemon muffins are gorgeous! I love the citrus and blueberry combo and must bake these very soon sweetie! :D Thanks for sharing this recipe too your an angel ;)

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Hi Rosie

What a sweetie you are. Thanks for the lovely comment. Please try these soon, they are very delish.

Maria
x

Ruth Strong said...

I'm wish Rosie, I love the combination of citrus and blueberry. These sound wonderful!

Rosie said...

Hi Maria me again :D

You have an Award waiting for you one my blog. Congrats and well deserved!!

http://rosiebakesapeaceofcake.blogspot.com

Rosie x

Pixie said...

My mouth is craving a lemon/lime dessert and I have something in mind (a grand plan) of what I would like to make. Not so sure I could pull it off though!

Wonderful muffins maria and I'm shocked you've yet to try rhubarb! I thought I was the only one.

Maria♥ said...

Hi everyone, thanks so much for all your wonderful and kind comments. You are all such a beautiful bunch of people ;o)

Maria
x