Wednesday 13 February 2008

Red Roses and Little Mocha Kisses

Valentines came early for me this year. I woke up this morning to a very special romantic surprise from the most special man in my life. I came across roses all over the house and each one had a post it note attached with a lovely message. I had to find 12 roses in total, each one had been hidden in a different place in the house. The first rose was placed in our open fire place in the bedroom with a pre-Valentines card and inside the card there was a message with, "just to let you know, you have 11 more to find". I had so much fun finding the roses and I had the biggest smile on my face, infact I still do! It was the best thing to wake up to ;o). Who said romance was dead? I'm lucky to say it definitely lives!


Every Valentines I love to bake my hubby something special and as they say food is definitely a way to a man's heart! So after my rose hunt this morning I decided to bake up some of these gorgeous Little Mocha Kisses, filled with chocolate buttercream. These are perfect to serve with coffee after your Valentines meal. Hubby and I have a table booked at our local Italian for a Valentines meal tomorrow evening but these will be a lovely treat for when we get back!


Wishing everyone a day full of romance and love, Happy Valentines!

6 comments:

Maria♥ said...

Hi Dell (C&TC), thanks so much for the sweet comments as always and for dropping by. Hope you have a Happy Valentines ;o)

Maria
x

Rosie said...

Happy Valentines Day!

Oh how romantic Maria I am SO pleased for you with your red roses from hubby - he's such a cutie :)

Oh your Mocha Kisses look divine, I was watching Rachel Allen make these on UKTVFood the other day and thought how yummy they sounded!!

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Rosie you must make these, they are so more-ish and would be perfect to serve with coffee after a dinner ;o)

Maria
x

Rosie said...

Hi Maria, I found the recipe on BBC Food if it's the same one?!

It saves me looking through my pile of books upstairs - what am I like lol.... I am defiantly going to bake them after viewing your beautiful mocha kisses ;)

Rosie x

Pixie said...

Awww how sweet and so much fun too! My hubby gave me a cd of 16 songs with Love in the title. *sigh* lol

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Ola Maria, missed ya so hopped by ur lovely blog and wowowow u have a great selection of cookies and have to bookmark the crunchy crispy ones to 'bake immediatly',aint big on soft,chewy or cakkey cookies but these ones rock...
and yeah a bright merry Christmas and happy holidays!!!!