Monday 4 February 2008

Swirled Brownies

This weekend I received Brownies to Die For, one of a "few" books I have purchased in my latest amazon spree. The book is a truly amazing collection of the most tasteful brownie recipes. Many recipes call for a basic brownie to start with, and then follow with fantastic variations. I think this book is a worthwhile addition to the library of any brownieholic.

I decided to put my new book to work and make up a batch of brownies for my son (who complained all weekend that I had made those Snow-Flecked Brownies for my hubby's badminton team and not for him), so being a typical mother and not wanting to dissapoint, I have made up a batch of Swirled Brownies especially for him and of course hubby, can't forget him! These brownies are a lighter variation to your dark dense brownies. They are swirled with sour cream to create that marble effect. Perfect with a cup of tea or coffee or just general snacking.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Yet another stunning bake from the Goddess's Kitchen! They look perfect Maria you're the "Queen" of brownies :)

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Hi Rosie

Thanks for the lovely comments as always.

Maria aka Queen of brownies :o)
x